Brittney J's Knit Request

Polka Dots Baby Set Pattern

After coming back to the crafting world, I felt super charged and ready to create! I have the BIGGEST problem with figuring out what to make, and following through.

I'm the type that finds a million projects, when in the middle of the order, but zero motivation or inspiration, once the order is finished. Pretty much, I work really well with a deadline, and orders that have to be made, but I struggle with personal projects.

To combat this problem, I requested my friends and loved ones to send me suggestions.

The Requirements:

  1. It must be knit
  2. It must be a free pattern
  3. No socks, or blankets (avoid large projects)
  4. You must send the link to the pattern
It's the same as me asking a person for a book recommendation, it cost them absolutely nothing to send me a link to a free pattern to make. Also, I'm not affiliated with any of the websites, nor pattern creators they went to, to find these potential projects. This is NOT an ad.

I'm still taking recommendations, but I do have a list of projects I am currently working on for this series. If you would like to make a suggestion for me to create, feel free to leave a comment on this blog, or go to my Instagram and send me a private message with your suggestion.


Click Here for My Instagram

So what did I create?

This pattern, is the Polka Dots Baby Set Pattern, found on Ravelry.com. As previously stated this is a free, knit pattern, and I am not affiliated with the site, pattern artist, or in anything else in any way.

This was an easy and straightforward knit, it took me about 4 days to create, but if I didn't have a 4 month old little girl, it would have taken me 2 days easily.

I decided to alter the pattern a little, where I only did a few polka dots at the midsection of the jacket, and a row at the bottom, instead of the entire bottom portion. I also added two rows to the bottom of each sleeves, instead of the entire bottom of the sleeves.

You can do what you wish, when making this pattern.

I found it very nice how simple everything was described, as well as the 2 options they give you for the buttonholes.

The pattern includes two size options, and I ended up making this one 6-9 months, as my little girl is already fitting comfortably in 6 month sizes. Because it is 6 to 9, the sleeves are a little long, so she has some room to grow in this.

Unfortunately, it is summer in Texas here, so it will be a few months before we will get to use this little jacket casually. The pattern has a good amount of stretch, so I do not see any issue with being able to use this, once fall hits!

Do I recommend this pattern?


Absolutely! As an added bonus this jacket, has a matching hat and booties, also included within the pattern. I just chose not to make them, as my daughter is hot natured enough, but I could see that as an adorable set for another little cutie!

If you decide to create this pattern, I would LOVE to see! If you want to tag me on Instagram, I wouldn't be upset about it <3 br="">
The next project is already in the works, stay tuned for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment