Late Night Blog Review!!! 3princessesengraving

Here we go again!

Go check out her shop at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/3princessesengraving



AshleysHomeSpun Opinions:

When you go to this shop, you'll see the name fits the items. These are some of the most beautiful engravings I've seen on etsy. It was hard picking just 3 items to put on this blog entry. Everything to portrait engravings to pets, and stone engravings, and laser cut wall art. Which I did in fact add to my heart collection :P
When you come to this shop you'll be tempted at every turn, it's hard to get bored here. The photos are amazing and items are too. I rate this shop 5/5 hearts ♥♥♥♥♥. Tell me in the comments what you rate this store, and why.

3princessesengraving's Interview
1. Tell us a bit about yourself - name, location, affiliations, personal stuff (well, not too personal)



Rachael

3Princesses Engraving

Ottawa, Canada



I'm a stay at home mother of three little girls (who I like to call Chickybear, Lou Lou and the baby (nickname in the works). I took leave from my work so I could be home with the girls. I wanted to have this business so I could be at home with them as much as possible. This time is too precious to miss out on. My husband and I named the business after the girls or should I say princesses.

Butterfly Wall Art with backing


2.Apart from creating things, what do you do?

Really, I'm at home with the girls doing mommy things. I love it though. Other than that, I am a geek who loves cheesy 80's movies and to play videogames.




3. What first made you want to become an artist?

My husband had the idea to start the business. And I loved the idea and we invested in the engraver and haven't looked back. I've always loved creating. I also sketch, and paint. My family had always worked with wood (grandfather made furniture and my grandmother carved wood) so I like to think it's in my blood.



4. Please describe your creative process how, when, materials, etc.

First I get the idea and draw it out. Then I move to the computer where I create the graphic. Then I put the design through the engraver. Then the machine engraves the image or cuts the material. Then depending on the product(wood pendnat or MDF) I either need to sand and polish or I need to paint and glue.



5. What handmade possession do you most cherish?


Hard to choose.. so I'll have to pick two: I love the girls baby books; and, I also have a pendant that I made that has the girls names engraved on the back that I love too.

Engraved blue stone pendant



6.Name your top five books


I actually don't read that much (well I read a lot of blogs LOL). I actually found the articles,textbooks and books in University were the best I've read. I love bending my head around concepts science related or theoretical. To me, it's not reading unless your mind just felt like it had a workout.



Between facts and norms

The Law of peoples

A Theory of Justice

The Wizard of quarks

Elegant Universe



7. MUSIC:

I'll say bands/musicians



Nirvana

Stone temple Pilots

Radiohead

Pink Floyd

Hole

Lada gaga

Black eyed peas



LazrInk'd Pet Portraits






8. WEBSITES:

I'll do business related:

www.craftapolois.com


www.craftjuice.com

www.craftcult.com

www.whalesharkwebsites.com/tools/treasury.php



9. What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?

Keep working at it. It's a process. When you first start your pictures won't be that great, but you'll improve with your business. Keep reading the tips of others, keep practicing and you'll get it. And keep a positive attitude. The phrase "Rome wasn't built in a day" applies to your store too. It's a momentum that keeps going.




10. What are your favorite features on Etsy? What new features would you like to see?



I love the activity feed! I love being able to see what's going on. I can't really think of anything to improve LOL. I love the direction Etsy is taking though. I love how I can link shop stuff to networking sites and the social elements of Etsy.



11. How do you promote your work?

I blog and advertise on blogs sometimes. I post on craft juice, other picture websites (flickr and picasa. I tweet and also have facebook (although I'm not so great at it). And I love making treasuries and participate in teams.



12. In ten years, where would you like to be????

Still selling on Etsy. Hopefully just more successful at it ;)



5 comments:

  1. I hope you like your feature Rachael :)

    And remember if you ever need some little hats for your princesses I make 0 to Adult sizes. 3 matching hats for them would be adorable.

    Hope this blog give you a lot more views and more sales. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, thank you so much for the feature!! 5 hearts too! ~blushes~ aww thanks :)

    Oooh matching hats would be soo cute. Your hats are adorable BTW!

    Your store is super cute and if you want I can return the favor on my blog.

    Thanks again :)
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her shop is just toooo cute! And it offers such a great varity of options and colors! A great feature too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool shop! I love her pendants. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her shop is very nice! I've seen it in treasuries! =]

    ReplyDelete