Knit One, Purl Two


Learning New Things


They say you can't teach an old dogs new tricks, they say one should know their limitations, and they say have realistic goals in life.

These people are smart, and safe, but to achieve greatness one must push the boundaries, to go beyond their limits, learning new things you thought you'd never understand.

For me, right now, that is two things. Photography, and knitting.

Now don't get me wrong, I do both well, sorry for sounding pompous, but I know just enough to be dangerous. I know that when I change my ISO, shutter speed, aperture, that it will help me get the photo the levels I want. But I'm not guaranteed it to be tack sharp on my subject, or in focus at all.

When being a photographer you need to understand many things, and those many things that go into a great image are what I still need to learn.

Same with knitting, yeah I can circle knit, yeah I can knit on straight needles. Can I cable? No. Can I read a proper pattern out of a book? Ha, no.

I still struggle with the basics, and I'm still striving to become better. With the Internet explaining easy things of photography this makes things much easier, but I still need help. With both photography and knitting. Which is why I'm so happy to have my mentor for photography, and YouTube for my knitting.

I am happy to say that I will be going out with my parents on the 6th to plan my husband and my house warming party, and shortly after going out with my mentor for our very first social meeting.

Lately, I've been expanding my personal bubble, never would I approach a stranger, let alone give them my number, then later plan to meet up with them. (Please note, meeting a stranger alone is dangerous, always go with a friend, even if the person seem 100% legit). Never would I on a whim spend $50+ on some new yarn tools. That isn't what my safe, smart, usual self would do, but I did.

I'm glad I did though.

Not yet available AshleysHomeSpun
On a whim, I bought a set of circle needles, and made this. Photography done by myself. What you're looking at is a new type of cocoon, smaller, and meant to encircle a newborns entire body, minus their tiny noggin.

I'm happy with what I have been doing with my life, and I can see myself becoming more confident in my actions to better myself. I hope to be working for myself sometime along the way, but the only way to do that is to keep moving forward.

What is something you think you would enjoy doing? or doing more of? The life you live, is determined by the choices you make. Make them count.


0 comments:

Post a Comment