The Daily Pill - TTC

The Pill - Birth Control - Contraceptive

*Disclaimer, all TTC posts will be unfiltered and real life truth. If menstrual cycles, ovulation, pregnancy, sexual themes/words, bodily fluids and functions, make you uneasy, please refrain from reading further. This is your warning, and I will not apologize if you feel offended by my words in any way.


I've been chained to the daily pill since I was 15, due to medical issues that were easily stifled with a daily prescription. After my body finally went on to relatively regular cycle, I was able to finally start enjoying my life, and get more active in after school activities.

I was 13 when AF first showed up, and I was very excited, and even did a happy dance. After starting high school, and having my first few BFs I found myself in embarrassing situations, that lead my mother talking with me more about our genetic line, and physical health. I have Endometriosis, which means, I suffered from my uterine lining growing outside the uterus; causing heavy flow, irregular cycles, sever cramps, and horrible mood swings.

It took a former boyfriend pointing out that my 3 week period was, "not normal", and me awkwardly saying "I know." To ask my mom what I could do.

That was 9 years ago, and I had been on the pill ever since. So after a romance, and engagement, a marriage, and moving into our first home, it felt foreign putting the empty pack in the trash, and not grabbing a new one.

It wasn't strange purchasing pregnancy tests, because even with 3 forms of BC, pregnancy still has a chance, and being a few days late always put my life in a tail spin.

No, what was weird was buying ovulation tests, getting out an unopened packaged thermometer, and saying the cliche;

"Are you sure?"

"We are sure."

For the first time in 10 years, I had a cycled end exactly on the day it was suppose to, I started tracking my days 'til fertility, and for the first time ever we started trying.

At this very moment this post goes up;
3-21-2016
7:23 PM
I am 2DPO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment