Review it!!!!!!!!!!

~ Feature Friday VIIII~



*********************************************************************************************
Every Friday I will be reviewing a different shop. When inquiring about this type of post, my fellow Etsian's have surprised me with a positive and abundant response to my blog request I sent out.

To better understand the review read this:
*The category I reviewed is the Largest word before or in the bold text.
*The bold text tells what I am looking for in the category for a positive score.
*The red or blue text that follows is what I thought of how the store does in the category, red meaning needing improvementblue meaning no improvement needed.

Without further ado let's get this review going.
*********************************************************************************************
What we have up today is the wonderful little shop, with 144 items, ReadyMadeDiaperCakes.
Opened on June 29, 2013 and is at 12 sales, the total sales thus far are low for a shop with so many items. (NOTE: I only review new shops if they have a minimum of 20 items).

Banner: Is there a professional looking banner that depicts what the shop is about, or sells?

Yes, and no. The banner would be perfect, if it didn't have a novel to read. Short and simple, with clean lines. I feel like I'm reading "tags", not a logo for a shop. 9/10 points The banner is beautiful, just fix the middles wording, have a slogan, or a small list of what you make. Keep it to 3-4 items in your title. (Ex: "Ready Made Diaper Cakes | Adorable custom made centerpieces")

When it comes to the photos it is important that they are very clean and use white light. Which is the best type of lighting to show the items true color. Make sure there are a variety, and shows off all the important parts of the item. The photos are the most important part of your shop.

The photos do show case the items first photo well, and are bright. But at the same time, there is not enough images, to show off what you are selling. Use your angles. Also, the images seem to almost never be in the same location twice, this makes your shop look inconsistent, and consistency is key.
Another issue, is some seem to be Photoshopped out of their original image, and pasted to white background. This is great when executed properly, but when harsh cuts and blur occur, this will deter the viewers further.
 
5/50 points. Find instructions how to make your very own Light Box, even very large ones, on Google or Pinterest. It's cheap to make, and will make a huge difference in your images.

Tags: When listing your items it is very important to put what you would in the search bar. Views = Sales.

While looking at the tags, I was happy to see that all spots were used, which is vital when it comes to searches. Making sure to use what you would when searching for your own items. All the tag used were that a potential buyer may type in.
(Example: Title: 4 Tier Diaper Cake + The tag: Table Center Piece = A more viewed, favorited item.) 10/10 points Also, many people don't know, but pluralization does NOT matter when adding tags. Which means you can add even more tags. So be creative!

Descriptions should tell you even more information about the item you're looking at. If you are looking at a purse, it should have the size, or size options listed. You also should also verify what the potential buyer is looking at. Mentioning your packaging and where to find your policies is always an added bonus.

These descriptions are fairly cut and dry. They get straight to the point and tell you what you're looking at, and tell you about packaging. Then it tells you it comes with a tray, and even tells me I have a choice in what diapers it can come with, but doesn't show me the tray (in the images) and doesn't list off the diaper choices. Another thing that is key, is grammar and punctuation. Be sure to tell the dimensions on your center pieces, as well. 
7/20 points Bonus: Add links to your other related listings to your descriptions to keep potential buyers in your shop.

Featured items: What are featured items, and what items should I feature? You should feature any 4 items that are your personal favorites, and you should pick your favorite from different sections of your shop. Having a variety of different items that all grab your eye will help your shoppers know what they may find while browsing.
You MUST use all 4 featured spots, never letting a slot go unfilled for a long period of time. This makes your shop look unkempt, or inactive.

Featured listings are perfect. 5/5 points


Shop Sections: I can't decide on a four wheeler diaper cake, a 5 tiered cake, or a traditional boy diaper cake. Can I find that easily?
With the shop sections I can. Use all 10 sections on your shop, and make sure you use one for sales, clearance, or destashing items. Even if it's not used very often, this will help for the bargain hunters that pop into your shop from time to time.

All sections are used, and make everything easy to locate. If I want to look only at 4 tiered diaper cakes, I have that as an option. Same for the four wheeler cakes, and gender specific cakes.  20/20 points

Pricing is something that is tough for many people, I wouldn't bat an eye dropping $200 on a watch at a retail setting. With the knowledge that others have successfully purchased prior and been satisfied with the quality that was advertised, I wouldn't bat an eye elsewhere.

Prices vary from $2.00 - $235.00 Art works take time, and patience. The skill and love that goes into each art work makes it priceless to the artist, with this said when it comes to art pieces the monetary value is strictly up to them. 10/10 points.

About the seller: As long as this newly added feature is filled out, with no spelling mistakes I'm happy with it. This is another MUST DO, you want your buyers to know whom they are supporting with each purchase.

This is true for ReadyMade. 20/20 points Super simple fix, please take the time to add one.

When it comes to reviews they speak for themselves:

The review I saw was from a very happy and satisfied customer. 5/5 points
How to help get your customers to leave reviews? 

Make sure to send a handwritten thank you note with each purchase, and leave a reminder somewhere on the card, about leaving feedback. Most buyers will return to let you know how you did.

So, with all of that said, I give Ready Made Diaper Cakes, a 91/150 

1- 30  Not worth my time
31-60  Not worth my money
61-90  Would heart
91-120  Would buy from
121-150  Would buy from loyally


About the seller: I asked Shannon, the face behind Ready Made Diaper Cakes, 6 questions here is what she had to say:



1.) Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a single mother of a 15 1/2 year old daughter.
I enjoy sewing and quilting. I admire all the quilt designs out there. I try to do my own designs to see how well they would look. The reason I make my own handle bags and scrunchies is because I know I take care in making my products. They ar strong and will keep longer.
I have recently added baby shower centerpieces and gift baskets for about a year now.Baby showers are another way I can share my creativity. I know I will love planning baby showers as much as I love planning kids parties.




Fourth of July Unisex Diaper Cake

2.) What first made you want to become an artist?

My childhood was filled with creativity and arts and crafts.I loved coloring, mostly for the many color possibilities. I have always loved doing all and any artsy project. I brought this into my adult life through children's parties. I would always have "homemade parties" The children would always love the classic games played and the arts and craft project they took home.

3.) Please describe you creative process how, when, materials, ect.

Mostly people have ordered ready made diaper cakes. I currently have 89 to choose from on Etsy. I have not actually had a custom order besides a color change.I would love to make someone's baby shower dream a reality. 


I use many materials, but here are a few:felt, foam, fabric, cellophane to cover the diapers when I use a glittery product.I never use glue at all. It only ruins the final product. Instead, I sew everything because it gives the product a clean look. Also, when sewn, the ribbon does not come apart and holds the diapers securely. After all, the point would be for the mother to be to actually be able to use her centerpiece as well as just having a display.

                                           
Baby Shower Four Wheeler Diaper Cake

4.) WEBSITES.

Besides Etsy(Etsy.com/shop/ReadyMadeDiaperCakes) I also have a store on Zibbet (www.Zibbet.com/READYMADEDIAPERCAKES)

5.) What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?

I would tell a new seller on Etsy to take great clear pictures.Also, I would say to efficiently fill their shop up with tons and tons of products. That way they will have a better chance at being found and recognized for their work than a person that only has a few items.

                                               

3 Tier State of Illinois Diaper Cake

6.) How do you promote your work?

I promote through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and StumbleUpon.






What do you think of this shop? Was my review fair and accurate? Tell me below in the comments.






*All participating parties have consented to the review above, along with opinions, and permission has been granted to use likenesses, photos, and links from the shops owner and operator.
*Opinions stated by shops reviewed do not reflect or represent the opinions of AshleysHomeSpun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment